Wednesday 17 July 2013

Blog, Janet, BLOG!

I have left this for a very long time. I completely suck at writing blogs. I've been busy and I've been poorly. But I'm going to try again!
I've made lots of things in the last...two years or so.

Here are some of them:
I made a...... DRESS

 I made a.......... ANOTHER DRESS

 I tried my hand at screen printing (I actually made an instructable for that, see here)

 I arranged my nail varnish collection....

 I painted my nails....

 I made some socks! (I saw the idea at the Wellcome Collection but didn't want to pay £15 for socks!)

 Around Christmas I made my own chocolate ornaments for my tree with a glue gun and paper clips

 And I made a wreath for my door that was full of sweets!

 In February, I was lucky enough to go to a residential week with the amazing Shooting Roots and we made really creepy masks.
As demonstrated: 

 I also took the innards out of an old CRT monitor and made a cat bed

 At Easter, my brother, uncle, cousin and I made some rather wonderful piƱatas


 I got the tattoo on my foot extended
 And more recently I've turned my hands to drawing.




So, that's kind of what I've been doing in between  going to India, working at festivals, moving house, getting caught in mountains of paperwork, having working for the NHS alongside someone with an OBE, the choir I direct winning two national awards for excellence in Mental Health Provision, and having a short lived career as a knife thrower's glamorous assistant (ok, that one is a lie but I'm sure I did something equally cool but have forgotten about, and everything else is true).
As for now, and why I'm starting this blog up again, well I've not been all that well for a while. I damaged my back further to it's already not great condition in August, then again in May. I'm not allowed to sing, and a lot of the crafts I had been doing have become a lot more difficult. Sewing is a novelty now rather than how I would spend a standard afternoon. 
Anyway, so that's why I'm back to this. I've been working on some things recently and putting them on my etsy shop and am generally trying to make a go of making stuff for other people. My lovely friend Corrie of Plutonium Muffins suggested I make a blog so I thought I would revisit this and here I am!

I will make another blog post about what I've been doing these last few days so they don't get lost in all this mush, and I will try to keep this blogging malarky up!

For now, I'm out.
Janet


PS. I also went to a ball dressed as a parrot, made my hair many many colours and accidentally dyed my cat. 




2 comments: