Friday 16 August 2013

Oh I do like to be beside the sea side...

That's right, I had a very good reason for not making any posts because I was, surprisingly, by the sea.
Sidmouth to be exact. I was there helping run workshops with the amazing group of people that is Shooting Roots. I was helping with craft workshops and we made some awesome instruments out of recycled materials. If I had thought to take a picture I would put one up now. I'll have a scavenge to see if anyone else has.

Also I did a face painting workshop and decided I now love face paint. I would wear it every day if I didn't want to get very strange looks.

This is the lovely Jocelyn with my first attempt


The possibly less lovely me with my second attempt


The amazing Alley with the third


And Jocelyn again!

I also before I went away watched the film Up! It was pretty cool and I loved the Ellie badges, but I'm not a fan of grape soda so I decided to make my own variant. 


Here is my much loved beer bottle cap badge, helpfully attached to a sock, as you do. I was going to be making a load more and have collected bottle caps but have been a bit busy because the beautifully talented and lovely person that is Helen Gilbert, a fimo artist from Sheffield, has offered to sell some of my earrings at Towersey Festival which I will be at next week so I've been rather frantically making stock!

Here is my brand spanking new display board:



I'm rather chuffed with myself!

So, until next time, check out my pinterest, my etsy, facebook or send me a good old fashioned email to janet-bell@live.com.
I'm out.

P.S.
I did some morris dancing too.


No comments:

Post a Comment