Wednesday 6 November 2013

Wednesday already?

Time really flies when you have two naps a day. Also I've been busy with some other work so that's been keeping me on my toes, however I did manage to find time yesterday to both play with some new marbling inks (more on that later) and buy a wonderful bit of crafting kit that I'm very excited to receive on Friday (Hopefully!).

The new crafting kit is a Silhouette Portrait, a machine that looks a little like a printer, but instead of ink nozzles, it has a blade so can cut out things for you. This is particularly awesome because it can cut shrink plastic, which is my main material right now. At the moment, I'm making a lot of triangles and that's because they're easy to cut out and they tessellate perfectly so I don't have any wastage. I've cut out more complex shapes in the past but always stop because my wrists can't cope so hopefully this bit of kit will allow me to do loads more designs and shapes.

I've also been doing some maths today. I tried yesterday and came up with a set of numbers but couldn't work out what they were meant to be telling me. It reminded me why I gave up doing maths when I was on lots of painkillers - numbers don't make sense when you're on opioids! However, I managed to do it today and have been working out the best value pack of shrink plastic and it turns out to be joint between the craft pack of shrinkles and artists grade polyshrink so I'm going to get some polyshrink because I already know how the shrinkles stuff behaves.

This was my maths:

So, on to the exciting thing I did yesterday which was play with some marbling inks.
They're fun little things that you drop onto the surface of some water, swirl it around, then dip the thing into. It's pretty awesome. 
Here are some pictures of what I got up to:












Pretty snazzy, but I think I actually prefer them before the marbling was shrunk so what I'm going to do today is make some fun shapes, bake them, then marble them and see how that turns out. Obviously that process will be a lot easier when I've got my Silhouette!

Anyway, I'm going to go do something useful now.
Speak to you all soon!
Janet


No comments:

Post a Comment