Monday 12 September 2011

Second craft of the day

Decoupage.
My Mod Podge hasn't arrived yet but I found a website that suggested mixing 1:1 PVA:Water as an alternative and so I tried it. Never having done decoupage before I'm not sure which works best but this seemed to be a fun way. I saw an idea for coasters made from tiles and scrapbook paper, but I didn't have any good scrapbook paper, so while I was buying my tiles (11p each from Homebase) I grabbed a wallpaper sample.

This is what I got:



And this was with the scrapbook paper.


I'm thinking glaze, put felt on the bottom, tie 4 up with a ribbon and give as Christmas presents?

(P.S. It was NOT me reading the Daily Mail. Having glue poured over it is too good a fate for the daily mail in my opinion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment