Friday 11 October 2013

Designs

Hello, good people.
I've had a bit of a cold and a temperature today so I've been sitting around doing some henna designs to keep myself amused.
I thought you might like to see!




And I tried to think about how I would display them, and here was my result!


Also, this is the full development of my jagua
I'm a little disappointed that it's still definitely blue rather than black, but it's a very strong stain!

You can also see some henna there over the little finger, that's some Zubeda henna (I made the cone myself!) after having sat for 24 hours.  I've put some more on my middle finger at the moment so I can see what the stain is like after 48!

I had LOTS of fun yesterday... sifting some Israeli henna when I'd sifted nearly all of it and my contraption fell apart and mixed all the sifted and coarse stuff together again. I was so angry with myself! Oh well, I sifted it all again so I've got a full box to use. I'll probably mix some up tomorrow to check the colour :)

Anyway, hope you're all well, or better than I am!
Janet

P. S. I drew on my leg too. I was pretty sure it wouldn't stain, and I was right, so there's no trace left but it gave me a chance to test some designs on skin that I didn't want to stay!



No comments:

Post a Comment