Thursday 24 October 2013

Mau is a terror

Mau, for those of you who don't know, is my cat. So called because it is the noise that a cat makes, and us the Egyptian word for cat. 
Mau is lovely, usually, but today he has been a bit of a pain. Despite having several lovely cat boxes, and half a bed available for him to sit on, he decided to sit on my lovely ironed and folded shirts, which I have now had to brush with a lint roller. If that wasn't annoying, Mau is also evidently a little poorly today and I woke up to a horrible retching sound as he managed to be sick over not one, not two, but three piles of shirts. I'm sympathetic to my poor kitty but wish he'd chosen a better place! I've had to put anything contaminated in the washing machine. Sigh. Just another job... 

I'm struggling today with motivation. I'm really quite tired, I've got my course tonight, and my back is still very painful from its dislocation yesterday. I don't really want to take to my bed and give up doing things for today, but it's hard to work out if I will have enough energy to actually do the stall on Saturday if I use up all my energy making things beforehand. Not having done a craft fair before, I have no idea how well my things are likely to sell and how much stock I will need, but I don't want to be underprepared. 

Thinking about it, I should probably rest if I need to. I have at least 30 pairs of earrings, I've got around 7 more shirts to iron, then I'll have 20 finished. I've got 7 phone cases, two bags, one scarf, but I've also got henna, if I make up my cones! 

I think mixing the henna up is something I should put on my to do list for today, but at the moment, that's going to be it, I think.

Too tired to think!
Janet

P. S. He may be a terror but look how pretty he is!


No comments:

Post a Comment