Wednesday 2 October 2013

Long time, no type

Hello, people.
I've been really really busy recently. First I had a friend's birthday, then a horrible migraine, it was my mum's birthday and we had a lovely family meal,then I had to sort out some courses I will be doing, then I started my henna course, I had a 7 hour job interview in Telford, I've been drawing, buying supplies and visiting my brother and sister-in-law's new house. Busy busy busy! So that's why I haven't written but here I am to tell you what's been going on in the fun parts.

Firstly, I've had an idea. I've been making things that I don't think I'm going to sell online, only at craft fairs, because they'd be one off, or limited numbers, so I was thinking about creating some "Surprise bundles". For example these might cost £15 but contain stuff worth at least £20, so that might be a stamped t-shirt, a bag and a pair of earrings, or it might be a blanket and a completely customised t-shirt, or it might be something else entirely! Obviously, people could tell me things like their size, and if they had pierced ears or not, but other than that, it'd be what I decided to send so it'd be like having a present sent to you because you don't know exactly what you're getting! I'm also thinking of doing surprise earrings at £4 a pair. Those'd be pairs that aren't available on the website because they don't fit into any category, and so you'd not know what you're getting, but hopefully you'd be pleased with what you end up with!
So that's something I need to add to my website. I also need to attach findings to the large numbers of half completed earrings I've got sitting around my flat.

The birthday was my of my friend Tulsi, and she got some handmade things from me, including some earrings, a bag, and this t-shirt:


It's completely hand painted in a silver 3 dimensional fabric paint. I personally find it ending up a bit too stiff for how I like to wear my t-shirts but luckily the recipient liked it!

The second birthday was my mother's. She also got a hand painted t-shirt, which I helpfully forgot to take a picture of. C'est la vie. She also got two pairs of earrings (my mother has a LOT of earrings).

Last Thursday night I started a henna course at Harrow College. I was amazed that I seemed to have the most experience of using and mixing henna there, but this wasn't a problem and I'm really looking forward to the next couple of weeks! I've been buying lots of supplies, all on eBay so the last few days I have been staying inside waiting for parcels rather than doing anything interesting outside the house, but it's worked well because I've done some work!

When I went to Telford, there were two three hour train journeys to fill, and I'd found recently a pad of triangular coloured card and thought that it would make awesome bunting to go round a stall so I spent my train journey decorating some bits of it. Here's some of what I ended up with:






I think they'll look pretty cool, don't you?

I've also made these:


And some clear gloss varnish arrived today so I can start test driving them on my phone. 

I've also made this today:

It's an oyster card holder. That's going to have to find someone else to test drive it because I don't use one of these very much. Anyone like it in exchange for keeping photo evidence of how the design holds up?

Anyway, that's enough for one post. Join me next time for the henna experiments I've been conducting today!

Janet
P.S. 

I've also been drawing on naked women. As you do...



No comments:

Post a Comment