Wednesday 23 October 2013

Getting there!

Ok, so yesterday my plan was to
  1. Make some more earrings, particularly frosted coloured segments as I need to send some to Emma
  2. Pack the stuff up for Luisa
  3. Print my remaining stock
  4. Decorate the 5 phone cases I have
  5. First coat of varnish on the cases
  6. Make price and size signs
  7. Make henna ingredients and aftercare sheets.
I didn't make more earrings, I didn't pack the stuff for Luisa, although I did separate the t shirt from the other stuff, I didn't finish printing all my stock, I decorated 4 phone cases, but the fifth went a bit wrong. I have also found about 5 more cases to draw on so that's a job to do too. I did do the coat of varnish. I designed price and size signs, and I designed the henna ingredients and aftercare sheets but sadly my printer has decided that it doesn't like me and so I can't actually print the damn things!

I think I'm going to have to go find a printer to use either tomorrow or Friday. Just one more thing to add to the list!

So, I didn't really do too well out of what I intended to do, but in my defence, JT came to visit which I wasn't expecting when I wrote the list. I didn't have a to do list for today, but I've actually been remarkably productive despite managing to not wake up til 2, and just before JT left about 5, I managed to dislocate my lower back when coughing. Joy of joys. 

Despite that I have sorted out all the shirts that arrived today, putting them into piles of size and putting their respective labels on them so I can identify them easier. 
Some beautiful piles there, you can also see the marked out table, the framed henna, and the general complete mess my living room (now workshop!) is in!

I have printed something like 10-15 t-shirts, probably, and have ironed about 8 before I decided that if I'm going to be well enough to actually do the craft fair, I should probably not continue ironing when I know I've just trapped a nerve in my shoulder. So, instead, I'm sitting in a lovely comfy memory foam bed typing this. In a bit, I'm going to get up and get my shrink plastic and pencils, find another film or series to get involved in (I've just finished Secret Diary of a Call Girl, I only started watching it on Monday!) and do some drawing for earrings. 

I also arranged the completely finished t-shirts in their respective size piles. There are a total of 13 fully completed shirts now!
It's a bit tidier in here! Only a bit though, the cardboard boxes, bag and shoulder support are not part of the stock...

I've also got various stages of printed, drying, or something else t shirts in my hallway 

And the kitchen
It's going well....

Anyway. I'm going to have a bit of a well deserved break now I think.
Janet

P. S. I made a hoodie for JT, I think he liked it.



No comments:

Post a Comment